Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lazy afternoon printing

One of my favorite things to do on a sunny lazy afternoon is to make prints in the backyard. I get some sun and I get my creative energy flowing.

I always have scrap muslin and canvas lying around my art studio to use for such an afternoon.
By art studio, I mean a small room that really is only big enough to house the vast amount of art supplies I have. The room isn't usable so I work a lot outside and also I use my washer and dryer as an art table.

I purchased some Jacquard inks and tie dye spray colors and made a stencil out of clear contact paper and viola….canvases that I might eventually make into pillows or tote bags with leather straps. I have so many ideas, I can't keep up with them!


First I did stencils, then dropped ink, then sprayed them. I used scrap pieces to blot the excess inks.

This is the blotter piece of canvas. 

This is the final work, ink drops, some negative space from the stencils and over sprayed with hot pink tie dye inks. 

Just some ink splatter. 

More ink splatters. 





No comments:

Post a Comment